Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oops, I did it again...

A person who lives in faith must proceed on incomplete evidence, trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse.    – Phillip Yancey
I feel like it should be Friday but it is only Tuesday.  Yikes.  I make a promise to myself what seems like every week that the following week will be my week that I get myself and my life organized.  It never fails that once “next week” gets here, I am just as unorganized as I was the week before.  So maybe next week will be THE week…we’ll see about that.  Matt is going quail hunting this weekend and I have enlisted the help of my wonderful friend Mandy to help me organize a couple of closets here at home.  So at least if my life isn’t organized, my closets will be…for a little while at least.  OK, enough about me, I’ll get to the good stuff.
Today is the January 25th which means it has been 5 months since the accident.  Sometimes it seems like it has been a year and other days it seems like it has been a few weeks.   Madie is continuing to improve and live up to her nickname of Miracle Madie.  She is starting to show a little more interest in eating.  She definitely lets us know if there is something that she doesn’t want to eat.  We are still trying to get her feeds worked out and she has been having some trouble tolerating her first feed every morning.  We have rescheduled our follow up visit with the GI doctor for next Thursday.  Hopefully he can give us some answers or suggestions on what we might do to help keep that morning feed in her tummy.  We are tired of smelling like vanilla pediasure.  Ashley, who is Madie’s speech therapist, has order another swallow study and we hope to schedule it for next week.  Please pray that Madie shows some improvements since her last SS which was about 2 months ago. 
Madie is also showing improvements in both physical and occupational therapy.  Phil, our physical therapist, has set new goals for Madie since she has already met her original 6 month goals.  We are now working on sitting, standing, walking and crawling.  Madie is getting stronger and we are so excited to see her tackle her new goals.  Then there is Madie’s occupational therapy, which is getting much better, but Madie still puts up a big fight.  She really makes poor Stephanie, the OT, work hard for her money!  We also got a new nurse.  Her name is Jenny and we think she is wonderful.  We can already tell she is going to play a big role in Madie’s healing and we feel so blessed that God has placed her in our lives.    
Since I missed updating last week I didn’t get a chance to request prayers for our close friends Brooke and Lance.  Their youngest son has been in the hospital since last Wednesday but finally got to go home today.  Please pray that Layton continues to heal and they can get back to a normal routine. 
We are also requesting prayers for some other friends in Marshall.  Please pray for baby Charley and read her story on her caring bridge website.  You can follow her here.  Please pray for this family and their sweet little girl.  They are going through such a scary time and they need your prayers.  Please leave them a message because we still find so much strength and comfort knowing so people are praying for Madie and I know they would appreciate it as well.
I’m heading to bed because I am planning to take Madie back to Kindermusik tomorrow for the time since her accident.  We love Ms. Donnis and Molly Michael and Madie have both always loved KM.  Madie thinks it is hilarious when Molly Michael dances and sings around the house so I am hoping that a room full of kids dancing and singing will be equally as hilarious.  Jenny is going to come with me so if it turns out to be a disaster; at least I will have a little support.  Wish us luck.  I wish I could bring Molly Michael with us, but she will be at school.  We’ll see how the first few classes go and then maybe she can skip a day of Pre-k to join us.  I will try and remember to bring the camera so we can get a picture of all the fun! 
Thank you, as always, for keeping up with Madie’s story.  We know that Madie is a true miracle and proof that God hears our prayers.  That being said we have faith that God will continue to take care of sweet Layton and Charley.  
With Greatest Gratitude,
Kristin, Matt, Molly Michael and Miracle Madie
 I tried for AT LEAST 15 minutes and this was the best picture I could get of two crazy little girls.  The problem is that Madie follows Molly Michael everywhere she goes and Molly Michael is always on the go!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment