Sunday, August 21, 2011

Four Days

Here is Madie STANDING UP, with a little assistance, in her SPIO suit that I mentioned in my previous post.  Check out those leg muscles!  And pardon the mess!

Four days.  Four days until it has been a year since our lives were shaken and completely turned upside down. Four days until it has been a year that Matt and I came too close to losing our youngest daughter.  Four days until Molly Michael’s best friend and little sister was almost taken away.  Four days until someone else’s terrible mistake forever changed our lives.  Four days until our only hope was to strengthen our relationship with God and have faith that He was in control and would take care of all of us.   I am having a hard time deciding what I think Thursday will be like at our house.  Sometimes when I think about it I feel like it will be a wonderful and joyous day because Madie is such a miracle and she doing so well, other times I start to cry just thinking about it and I tell her how sorry I am that this happened to her.  Even though Matt and I decided to stay positive on this journey I know that Thursday will not only be full of blessings and happiness but also a little sadness because there are few things that we want more than for August 25 to be just another boring day.  My plan is to make Thursday more a day of celebration than a day of heartache.   
I have a few specific prayer requests as we approach August 25th:
1.   Please pray for our family and our friends that have faithfully stood by us and offered their support. Pray that we will be reminded of all of the good that has come from this accident instead of the bad memories that I know are embedded in our minds from the days and weeks following 8/25/10.
2.   Please pray for the Marshall Fire Department, Marshall Police Department and all of the hospital staff at Good Shepherd-Marshall and Children’s Medical Center in Dallas.  Without them we wouldn’t have much to celebrate on Thursday.
3.   Please pray for the babysitter as I assume that Thursday will probably be heavy on her heart.
4.    Most importantly, please pray for our sweet Madie.  That her brain will continue to heal and she will continue to prove to everyone who knows her story that God hears these prayers and he is taking care of all of us.   Also, while you’re all at it, go ahead and pray for her to poop more because we’re having some constipation issues.  Sorry, I thought I might lighten the mood a little. 
I’ll be sure to write a post on Thursday.  I have A LOT to say and I’ll probably need to start typing it now!  Thank you so much for sticking with us and continuing to follow Madie’s journey.  Your messages have provided us with an unimaginable amount of strength this past year and we are so thankful for all of you.
With greatest gratitude,
Kristin, Matt, Molly Michael and Miracle Madie 

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys and more importantly God loves you guys!! His blessings are SO GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete