Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Drumroll Please...

Well... I have decided to start a blog to keep everyone up to date on all things Madie and Molly Michael too.  I know I mentioned this on Caring Bridge and I got lots of suggestions that the blog name should be Miracle Madie.  While I agree that she is indeed a true miracle, my hope is that many, many years from now I will still be writing this blog and it will be filled with stories about my family and our everyday normal lives instead of only stories about how Madie is recovering from her accident.  So for that reason, I went with The Skinner Sisters instead of Miracle Madie.  My friend Brooke and I tried to come up with a far more creative name, but apparently we weren't creative enough because the 50 other names we tried first were already taken!  I will post here AND on Caring Bridge for awhile and eventually just put the updates here.  So here is today's CB update.  And since those of you reading this are my very first followers (should you decide to actually follow my blog) I will share a very exciting picture from today that happened after I posted my caring bridge update.  Madie almost rolled all the way over and was really quite happy about it.  Before today she had only made it to her side.  She also learned that if she hits her new toy that it will light up and play music.  She is one smart cookie!   I hope both of you reading this enjoy it! 

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to read about both of your sweet girls! Beautiful picture of Miss Madie! She is doing awesome! I love seeing her progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madie looks like she has made remarkable progress in the short time she has been home. I enjoy being able to keep up with your family and watch God's plan unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it ! Madie looks amazing.. I can't wait to follow y'all. :) Tell Molly Micheal I miss her already..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new page. So happy with Madie's progress. Continuing to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, and the name!!! Welcome to the blog world, there will be a gang of girls at your house tomorrow to "jump" you in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute, cute!! SO glad you are doing this! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin,
    This is Megan Blagg Brown and I have been consistently following Madie's story since the first couple of hours after the accident. You, Madie and your family have been in all of my close friends and family's prayers down here in San Antonio since then and I am so proud of the 4 of you and ALL your amazing friends and family that surround you. I am sending nothing but positive thoughts your way and wish you the happiest Thanksgiving ever as there is so much to be thankful for this year in the Skinner house! Love to you and your family. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tribute to your precious family! What a beautiful picture of Madie!! What a miracle she is :) xoxox parish and girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy that everything is progressing well since you brought Madie home.You have two beautiful girls and I am so proud of the parents you and Matt have become. My heart is happy every time I read one of your posts. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete